Table of content
- Alkaline water and its benefits
- Alkaline Water Filters: How They Work and Why Do You Need One?
- Alkaline water filter and water softener: how do they work together?
- Special filters:
- How do alkaline water ionizers work?
- Utilization of acidic water:
How many glasses of alkaline water should you drink daily?
Alkaline water is one of the most effective hydration options. Alkaline water is water with a higher pH level than regular tap water, which has a neutral pH of 7.0. Alkaline water has a pH of 7.1 or above, which neutralizes acid in the body.
Alkaline water has over 40 health benefits. It can reduce acid reflux and heartburn, as it neutralizes stomach acids. Alkaline water can also help detoxify the body more effectively, as it can assist in balancing the body’s pH levels and flushing out toxins faster. It can also improve hydration, as it can be more easily absorbed into the cells.
In addition, alkaline water can be an excellent source of minerals, like calcium and magnesium, which can improve overall health. It can also help reduce the body’s acidity, which can help reduce inflammation and improve energy levels.
If you’re looking for a healthier way to stay hydrated, alkaline water can be the right choice for you. It can improve overall health, and it can provide essential minerals that are difficult to get from other sources. Alkaline water can be an excellent addition to your daily routine since it can help replenish essential minerals and provide other health benefits.
Alkaline vs. normal filters:
- Alkaline filters raise water pH, and these filters remove impurities, such as sediment, chlorine, and other contaminants.
- A typical alkaline filter consists of mineralizing media and filter media designed to filter water, such as carbon and ion exchange resin. This media increases the water’s alkalinity by several magnitudes.
- In contrast, normal filters use activated carbon or other materials to remove impurities. The filtration process doesn’t usually affect pH or mineral composition.
- Alkaline filters are one of the most popular types of water filters because they are commonly used to neutralize the effects of acidity in the body.
Alkaline Water Filters: How They Work
Even when water is naturally alkaline, factors such as essential minerals can cause pH fluctuations. If you want alkaline drinking water, it’s wise to consider an alkaline water system or a water filter that supports alkaline remineralization. How come?
Bottled water with alkaline minerals can be wasteful, costly, and generally less effective than a home water filtration system. Plus the bottles can contain microplastics and leach chemicals into the water. A high-quality home system can add alkaline minerals and create healthy antioxidants. In addition, our top-of-the-line Reverse Osmosis Alkaline System can remove up to 95% of contaminants.
Water filtration systems are often the starting point for alkaline water systems. To reduce contaminants, the finest water filter solutions use reverse osmosis (RO).
- Reverse osmosis (RO) filters remove almost everything from water by using a semipermeable membrane to filter out contaminants such as minerals, chemicals, and microorganisms. Reverse osmosis filters remove almost all particulates, including healthy alkaline minerals. To make water alkaline, additional steps are needed after reverse osmosis filtration.
- Increasing water pH through a process called remineralization. Mineral filters contain alkaline minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, and more. It is advisable to utilize an alkaline filter after reverse osmosis. These filters typically use a combination of of different alkaline minerals to raise the pH level of the water and provide over 40 health benefits.
- Mineral booster cartridges enhance RO water filtration. Mineral booster cartridges enhance the RO water system’s output by adding alkaline minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and others to the water. This increases the water’s pH and adds over 40 health benefits. The mineralizing media is commonly made from calcite, coral calcium, and/or alkaline mineral beads.
- Activated carbon filtration: This is an efficient method to filter contaminants from water. Activated carbon is a highly porous material that absorbs contaminants, including organic compounds, pesticides, and chlorine. It can also improve water’s taste and odor. However, it does not make water alkaline.
- Alkaline Water Ionizers: These devices use electrolysis to separate water into alkaline and acidic streams. The alkaline stream, which contains minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium, can be consumed as alkaline water. The electrolysis process also removes impurities and contaminants from the water, making it safe to drink.
The Life Water Ionizer splits alkaline and acidic minerals and creates healthy Alkaline Mineral Drinking Water. As part of the purification process, you can also use the acidic water produced as a sterilizing and cleaning agent for personal grooming and household chores. Acidic water, on the other hand, has several highly useful applications due to its capacity to destroy bacteria; it’s suitable for dishwashing, shampooing hair, cleansing wounds, and eliminating stains.
Why Do You Need an Alkaline Water Filter?
Alkaline water filters remove contaminants from drinking water. To remove chlorine, heavy metals, and other chemicals from tap water, some alkaline water filters use ion exchange or other filtration technologies.
- Taste: Alkaline water filters can help improve water taste by removing contaminants that cause bad taste and odors. They also add alkaline minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which make water taste better. Additionally, activated carbon filters can also improve water taste by removing organic compounds, pesticides, and chlorine.
- Health: Alkaline water has many health benefits, including improving hydration, balancing pH levels, and reducing acid reflux. It also has antioxidant properties, which protect cells from free-radical damage, and reduce disease risk.
- RO filters: reverse osmosis water filtration systems reduce water problems beyond just pH, which means this might be an ideal opportunity to improve your water quality. Reverse osmosis filters are often combined with alkaline water filters to create a complete home water filtration system. This system is designed to remove contaminants from tap water, while also increasing the pH level to provide potential health benefits. Mineral boost cartridges can be added to the reverse osmosis filtration system to raise pH levels, improving taste and providing antioxidant properties.
- Water hardness: Alkaline filters use a process called ion exchange to remove hardness from water. In this process, the ions that cause water hardness are exchanged with ions of a different type, such as sodium or potassium, which are not considered hard minerals. This process results in water that is free of hardness and has a more balanced pH level.
If you want the best quality drinking water, you should use an alkaline water filter as part of your water treatment system at home or at work. Alkaline water is one of the best drinking waters, even better than expensive bottled water.
Alkaline water filter and water softener: how do they work together?
Alkaline water filters add beneficial minerals and provide health benefits. If you have hard water and are interested in both softening and alkalizing it, you can use two separate systems: a water softener to remove the hard minerals, followed by an alkaline water filter to add beneficial minerals and increase the pH level of the water.
- Water softeners use an ion exchange process that makes water alkaline by adding alkaline minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium to the water. In the ion exchange process, water passes through a resin bed charged with ions of the desired alkaline minerals.
- By adding alkaline minerals to water through a resin bed charged with these minerals, the ion exchange process can make water alkaline. Water can also be purified using this process. To improve drinking water taste and provide potential health benefits, alkaline water ion exchange filters are commonly used in household water treatment systems. This can help neutralize water acidity and provide health benefits.
To make water alkaline, specialized water ionizers are needed that incorporate a process called ionization or electrolysis. These systems use electricity to split water molecules into their component parts, hydrogen and hydroxide ions. Hydroxide ions create an alkaline pH level in the water.
The process works by passing water through a special membrane that allows hydrogen ions to pass through while trapping hydroxide ions. This increases the hydroxide concentration in the water, resulting in a higher pH, or alkalinity.
How do alkaline water ionizers work?
Electrolysis filters, also known as alkaline water ionizers, use electrolysis to make water alkaline and filter contaminants. The following steps make water alkaline but also remove contaminants:
- Pre-filtration: The water passes through a pre-filter to remove larger particles and impurities like sand, silt, and sediment.
- Electrolysis: The water then passes through an electrolysis chamber that splits water molecules into acidic and alkaline components. Alkaline water has a higher pH level, typically between 7.5 and 9.5.
- Alkaline filter: The alkaline water then passes through an alkaline filter, which adds minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium to the water. These minerals increase the water’s pH and provide health benefits.
- Acidic water: The acidic water separated during electrolysis can also be used for cleaning and other non-drinking purposes.
- Post-filtration: After passing through the alkaline filter, the water passes through a post-filter to remove any remaining impurities.
Utilization of acidic water:
- Life Water Ionizer splits alkaline and acidic minerals to produce healthy alkaline mineral water. During the purification process, you can also use the acidic water produced as a sterilizing agent and cleaning agent for your household and personal care.
- Due to acidic water’s capability to sanitize, acidic water has several highly useful applications, such as dishwashing, shampooing, cleaning wounds, and eliminating stains.
- Two ways in which an alkaline water machine benefits you are: you get a continuous supply of the best healthy drinking water possible, and you can also sanitize using the acidified wastewater that is generated during the filtration process.
How many glasses of alkaline water should you drink daily?
In order to maintain proper hydration and overall health, adults should drink at least half of their
Body weight in ounces. So a 160-pound person should drink at least 80 ounces of alkaline water per day.
Start slowly and monitor how your body responds if you want to incorporate alkaline water into your daily routine. It’s wise to consume alkaline water as part of a balanced diet that includes other healthy fluids. These include vegetable juices, herbal teas, and fresh fruit juices.
If you are concerned about the quality of your water, it’s a wise idea to go to this website, www.LifeWaterReport.com, and put in your zip code. Remember that the EPA only monitors 90 of the 86,153 toxic chemicals that can be in your drinking water. This water report analyses will enable you to know exactly which of the other 86,063 toxins are in your drinking water.
Consider a range of treatment options to ensure your Family’s safety and health.
When a Life Customer orders any of the top Life Water Ionizers, we analyze their Life Water Report and supply a FREE multi-stage Pre-Filter System to remove all contaminants.
(n.d.). How Does an Alkaline Water Filter Work? Cloud.
“SODIUM AND WATER SOFTENERS.” Alkaline Water plus,
“FILTRATION How an Alkaline Water Filter Works.” Culligan Water.
(n.d.). How Does an Alkaline Water Filter Work? Happy Penguin.
Shallcross, L. (2022, November 22). What Is An Alkaline Water Filter And How Does It Work? http://Waterfilterguru.com .
“How Does An Alkaline Water Filter Work?” Tesla Power USA, 13 May 2022,